Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mini Vegetable Egg Cups

Can I just say that these are one of my favorite breakfast choices from the 21 Day Fix Extreme program? Being prepared is not half the battle, it IS the battle. Having to get 3 children and hubby fed, clothed, teeth brushed and out the door on time in the mornings is HARD. So, being able to prep food ahead of time and being able to grab and go makes my life & being able to stick to the Extreme meal plan so much easier.



So! What I did was, heated my oven to 375 degrees and then took 12 eggs and whisked to blend them in a bowl.  When you whisk your eggs, you’re adding air into them. Therefore, the more that you whisk your eggs, the fluffier they are.


And then I thought, “oh crap, I better put it in something that I can pour into the muffin cups!” 12 eggs is 24 oz of eggy goodness liquid by the way…


Next, I chopped up 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and 1 red onion.

Oh by the way…Did you know that bell peppers contain almost 300% of your daily vitamin C intake, help support healthy night vision, and that you burn more calories with red bell peppers? …Yup. 

The nice part is that you can really pick any vegetables you want, but these are what I picked for mine.


Now you’re ready to fill your muffin pan, so spray with cooking oil first to make sure that each hole is coated and then evenly distribute your veggies into the cups.

  
Last step before putting in the oven is to pour the egg in of course! Don’t fill to the top because they will fluff up.  Now they’re ready to go into your oven of 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes(or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean). I added Paprika seasoning to a few of the cups for extra flavor.


And voila! You’re all set! 2 egg cups counts as 1 red and 1 green on the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme meal plan. You can store the rest in your refrigerator, grab them and go and you will be all set!


Feel free to have fun with this recipe, you can try any different vegetables that you like. Mushrooms, bell peppers of all colors, different kinds of onions, spinach, turkey bacon...if you really want to get extreme then throw in a jalapeƱo pepper. But that’s it! Those are mini veggie egg cups, if you want to learn more about the 21 Day Fix meal plan shoot me an email at Shannon.Gotta@yahoo.com or find me on Facebook at fb.com/gottasgirl.


No comments:

Post a Comment